Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What I learned

Here is my story. Daylight showed, and the time flowed to it’s own accord. The morning was cold, but what can you expect living in a place like this. Rush hour began with its crazy ensemble of vehicles roaring tune only drivers had control over, but we were calm. I cruised along the flow of traffic, passing by our neighbors to get to my school.
            It was only 8 in the morning when I got dropped off, and yet I see no more than the early birds hanging in the commons, either waiting for time to pass by, or blocking reality around them as they zone in to each other’s conversations. October 15 was like any other day, just passing by time with nothing special to offer except the hours of class we had in JDHS. I did not think the universe of our school and the alignments of our daily school atmosphere was out of order or distorted, so I furthered down to the library.
            As the first bell rang at 9:15, we all scattered about, traversing to our classes before the 15-minute bell called out. And as always, we would continue our daily routine of standing for the pledge, although why do I bother standing when we do this all the time. I waited to hear the voice announce its pledge, but this time, the same voice announced something different that sped me into a loop. It was an announcement about something even more important than Halloween, or Thanksgiving. It was the announcement of our lost in the Juneau Douglas High School: a well-known teacher who has been teaching for many years, and was loved by many students. But now, all were lost, and many shed tears to their broken hearts as a very important soul found it’s way to the horizon where she will rest in peace for eternity.
            But it was when I reached room 218: the very room that I met this teacher, and the very room that was filled with tears and sorrow. In fact, the atmosphere went completely distorted and things were not aligned. I never knew this day would be so drastic, and even be so silent…I was in complete shock as everyone else was.

No comments:

Post a Comment