Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Thorn Beneath Its Petals

Darkness overwhelms the streets of Manhattan. The cold dead silence filling the atmosphere around me with the eerie whistling breeze flowing through city alleys and only the faded echoes of engines roaring as vehicles drive away for the night. I look up to see the full moon shining through the dark clouds that screens over its mesmerizing moolit eyes as I make it passed the empty streets to my apartment. It is only during this time of the day have my insane thirst for blood kick in and I go berserk for any unlucky prey wondering the night.
I close my eyes and listen to my senses, relishing the opportunity to indulge. In my mind, I sensed rather than saw the streets around me. Nothing but darkness filled with the occasional red throbbing of the human heart. Probing further into the darkness I found the human's presence easily. She stood in an alleyway nearby, her pulse calling to me. Loud and Strong. Hunger coursed through my body at the thought of confronting my human victim. I knew I had to calm down or the lady will see how blacked-out and vile my eyes appear. I took a couple of steps, embracing my stealthy stride. Masking my hunger, I walked into the alley as if I knew the place well. I pursued my victim carefully, only to find her looking straight at me and turning around afterwards. Her steady stride advanced to a quick pace, but I grabbed her shoulder and held to a stop. She turned around hastily, nit knowing who paused her.
"Excuse me, might I ask why you're standing here in the middle of the night?" I asked, holding a respectful tone.
She did not respond to my question right away, but underneath the tinted moonlight I was able to capture most of her figure. She was about a foot shorter than I am with a slim body under her wool trench coat. The glow of the sky was enough to expose a hue of her hair color; short platinum-blond, and her eyes match the moonlight glare. She seems to be in her early twenties. I find myself attracted to her, not really, but the warm aroma on her neck drew me in straight away. I found myself wandering over to her, entranced. Her blood would taste like heaven. My eyes narrowed downward, stilling her with one look. Her heartbeat slowed as my gaze turned darkly seductive. My tongue snaked to its own accord, curling upward to moisten my upper lip. I inched closer, drawn by an unseen force. I felt like a predator, an incubus, powerful and handsome. I curved myself against her, her eyes widen to the contact.
I moved as close to her neck as I dared, right at the edge and prepared to jump. The lady smelled so good that my mouth watered again. Her pulse was strong as if she was running for her life from a vampire. I had an insane urge to weigh down on her, but she stepped back thanks to the warning signals going off in her mind.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here," the woman said in a haste.
She turned around once again and started to part, but the instant she took her first step out of the dreadful alley, I grabbed hold of her, this time on her left arm. My hunger was too overpowering, like an untamed animal. I couldn't help but quench my addiction. I dragged her body to where I was able to pin her back against the brick wall, and she never finished a scream before my fangs sunk deep into her neck.

6 comments:

  1. By the way, not most of what I will post is about stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jesoni! I love how serene your bog is. It peaceful compared to my pounding headsche right now. Its deep. love it(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. YO! I like yo blog is all sentimental and clean, it be lookin goood Bra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your name for the blog and I love the definition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, bad dreams can make great stories!

    ReplyDelete