Monday, November 14, 2011

Vampires & Angels

-A Vampire-

It was beauty
It was all of Nature's glory in one form
But then, suddenly,
I realized that it was all wrong
This was darkness, not light
And this form murdered innocents
This thing melded with the night.
Towards death this form hints
A vampire.
Could I trust something so wrong?
I tried to do my best
I had not loved for so very long
You know all of the rest
This form is not as they say
It is vulnerable and it is weak
For its undeath it will always pay
For redemption it's cursed to seek
A vampire.

That is why it protects me.
That is why it cares
It took long for me to see
Past the clothes he always wears
But the passion I found there
Is something you would not believe
To see its real self is rare
Because to humans it will always be
A vampire.

-An Angel Sent-

An Angel can come from below,
As easily as from above
They can bless you in starlight,
Or tease you with midnight
All in the shadows and splenders of love.

They can fly you to the stars,
Where your name is engraved
Paths of mercy peace,
And floating clouds of soft fleece
But within the arms of your angel, you are already saved.

Beautiful butterfly wings,
Yet the shadow of a wraith
A shining halo of gold
For which your mortal soul sold
Blessed with charm and content and forevermore faith.

An Angel of darkness that could be true
Still forever undying, forever for you.

1 comment: